My birthday happens on 19th November.As the months and days approached ,I got a desire to celebrate my birthday with a thanksgiving service.
I just wanted to say,”thank you Lord.”I wanted to sing hymns and praise songs among them “Nara” by Tim Godfrey ft Travis Greene
I am thanking the Lord for the gift of life,good health and family.
- I have two eyes that can see very well,
- My hair is intact;I can still comb desired hairstyles,
- My brain is excellent,both my ears can hear well,
- My voice is superb;I can open a hymn book and sing my heart out,
- My mammary glands are fine,
- I can eat all kinds of food without a problem;I am not allergic to anything,my digestive system is excellent,
- My legs are superb;I can go anywhere with or without a vehicle,
- I can sit,stand,bend,run,do everything doable because my body is in perfect good health.I do not take it for granted,I am not better than those people who are bedridden or in hospital,I am not better than those beautiful,young women who have died this year and have been buried.It is just the mercies of God that I can even sit down to write this.That’s why I am thanking God for the gift of good health.
- Both my parents are alive and they too are in good health.
- All my siblings.nephews and nieces are alive and in good health.
This year as I have turned 40,I know that 40 is special to God.I can name some things that the Lord did with this number.
- Jesus Christ fasted for 40 days
- Jesus appeared to His disciples for 40 days after his resurrection
- Moses lived for 40 years in Egypt and 40 years in the desert.He also spent 40 days on Mount Sinai on two different occasions.He also spent spies for 40 days to go and investigate the promised land.
- Elijah spent 40 days without food and water on Mt.Horeb
- Jonah warned Nineveh for forty days
- The prophet Ezekiel laid on His right side for 40 days to symbolize Judah’s sins (Ezekiel 4:6).
I called my nearby Church group,family members and friends to join me on 25th November for the celebration.The programme went so well,thanks to an organized group leader whom God had commissioned to grace the occasion.We started at 3.30pm and ended by 6pm.
I knew I was to eat the cake first,but with my parents around,I thought why not give them first.
I went ahead and gave my big bro a piece of cake,then people said,no,you haven’t tasted the cake.My friend Beryl surprised me by painting my face with the cake.
One of my brothers helped to prepare the venue but he’s not in the photos.
I am grateful to God for granting me the desire of my heart,we had a successful thanksgiving service and birthday event.To God be all the glory,Amen.
I also resolved in my heart to continue with my principles,God will be more glorified in my forties.
Building Meaningful Relationships,
In Christ Jesus,